Reconcilliation Bug

General Discussions and Announcements

Reconcilliation Bug

Postby Jaywalker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:45 pm

I've written about this before and it's still happening. Thank you, but I've been using this program for six years or so and I don't need instructions on how to make reconciliation work - it's a bug.

It happens during checkbook account reconciliation and only if I have entered data for after the reconciliation period. Use today's for example: September 27 to October 25, and I have entered all that data, plus a weeks worth after that, to 3 November, for instance. Usually, the account will not reconcile as some of the entries (checks) bleed back into the reconciliation period and leave the account unbalanced, in this case by $594. Yes, the dates were accurate.

I have been able to work around it by marking each entry after the reconciliation period as "Void;" this works, then I balance the account. After balancing I then return to the account and remove the "Void" marks. Repeat every month.

I hope this gives you enough info to fix it - it's annoying. Currently I'm using MacOS 10.12.1, but it was problematic prior to 10.12.
Jaywalker

Re: Reconcilliation Bug

Postby Jaywalker » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Is someone working this?
Jaywalker

Postby mthadm » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello,

Can you please send us screenshots to help understand the issue, you can send it to info@mthbuilt.com

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Jaywalker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:46 pm

Probably, with limitations. First, it "usually" happens, not "always." Second, it only happens during reconciliation which won't happen until the beginning of each month, i.e., enough time for the reconciliation period plus some days extra data.

That aside, I'd be glad to - but it might take a couple of weeks or a couple of months.
Jaywalker

Return to General Discussions and Announcements