New user

General Discussions and Announcements

New user

Postby Abbafan1972 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm hoping I can get this sorted as it's the only program I've been able to find that resembles microsoft money.

I am having the following issues:-

1. I can't always enter transactions, all of the fields have been filled in, either the enter button is greyed out or when I click enter, nothing happens!
2. I enter a date for each transaction and it will keep changing to a different date, usually the date before.
3. I want the date in transactions to display in british format, eg:- DD/MM/YY and not MM/DD/YY, as I find this confusing.

Could you help me with this please. I want to keep using mymoney, but these issues are slowing me down.

Thanks in advance.
Abbafan1972

Re: New user

Postby mthadm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello,

--
To create a new transaction you need:

1) Payee
2) Category
3) Amount that is not 0

Once these three fields are filled with data the Enter button will become available and you will be able to enter a transaction

--

What date to show on a new check is set through Preferences, it could be todays date for example, or the last known date in the register.

You can also adjust how to show numbers, date formats etc to your liking through Preferences

Please take a look at our manual when have a minute - http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Abbafan1972 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:16 am

Re:- entering a new transaction, all of these options are filled in and sometimes I still can't select enter.

I have had a look at the manual and cannot locate the option for changing the date format to DD/MM/YY.

Also, just a minor niggle, but on my main screen for my accounts it shows my balance as $, even though I've changed my options to £ and it shows the £ sign elsewhere.
Abbafan1972

Postby mthadm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 am

Hello,

Please open MyMoney preferences - Languages page and set the country locale, this will change language preferences globally

You also change the currency on the account by editing the account information and setting account locale directly.

This is because you can have the app set into UK locale but a single account denominated in Euros for example, MyMoney will take that into account when displaying information or tracking fund transfers

We can send you a screen shot if you have difficulties locating the settings

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Abbafan1972 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 am

Hi there.

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

I am using the Web application, if this makes a difference. I am not using the downloaded program, as I'm planning on using mymoney when I get a Chromebook for Christmas ;)

Would you be able to send me screenshots, as I'm not able to locate the screens mentioned in the user manual.

Thanks in advance.
Abbafan1972

Postby Abbafan1972 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Just a follow on from my last post.

Here is a new transaction I'm trying to enter, despite having all the required fields completed and the enter button showing blue, pressing enter doesn't do anything. I have to repeatedly cancel it and do it again.

Here is a screenshot of my account checkbook and the date shows as mm/dd/yy, despite me changing my options to United Kingdom.

Here is an example of my account manager, even though it says United Kingdom, my balance shows as $ not £.

Could you have a look please?

Thanks in advance.
Abbafan1972

Postby mthadm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

1) Transfers - MyMoney is a double-entry accounting program, what it means (among other things) is that every transfer needs to have 2 parts, the source or transfer and the destination of transfer. You need to enter where the funds are going to in Sub-Category (it will be populated by available accounts automatically) or switch transaction to transfer tab.

If you don't need to track transfers between accounts then please create a new Category, call it X-Transfer or similar because default category Transfer is reserved for tracking actual transfers

2) Account Locale - please click on HSBC account link. Click 'Edit Account Details'. Set Account Currency to 'United Kingdom (English)'

This will switch this account into correct locale.

3) MyMoney locale - please Select View-Options menu. Switch to Languages page. Select 'United Kingdom (English)' in the first tab.

This will switch MyMoney into correct locale

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Abbafan1972 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:56 pm

mthadm wrote:1) Transfers - MyMoney is a double-entry accounting program, what it means (among other things) is that every transfer needs to have 2 parts, the source or transfer and the destination of transfer. You need to enter where the funds are going to in Sub-Category (it will be populated by available accounts automatically) or switch transaction to transfer tab.

If you don't need to track transfers between accounts then please create a new Category, call it X-Transfer or similar because default category Transfer is reserved for tracking actual transfers

The issue that I've raised, it does this with other transactions regardless of what category they are. I was just using this one as an example.

2) Account Locale - please click on HSBC account link. Click 'Edit Account Details'. Set Account Currency to 'United Kingdom (English)'

This will switch this account into correct locale.

United Kingdom English has already been selected.

3) MyMoney locale - please Select View-Options menu. Switch to Languages page. Select 'United Kingdom (English)' in the first tab.

This will switch MyMoney into correct locale

I can't find view-options, I can only find options with a cog wheel next to it, and United Kingdom English is selected.

Thanks,
Abbafan1972

Postby mthadm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Preferences - UK locale Selected

12-16-2013 5-12-53 PM.png
12-16-2013 5-12-53 PM.png (56.08 KiB) Viewed 11145 times

Dates in the register
12-16-2013 5-11-03 PM.png
12-16-2013 5-11-03 PM.png (40.37 KiB) Viewed 11145 times

Account manager showing balances in GBP

12-16-2013 5-07-37 PM.png
12-16-2013 5-07-37 PM.png (40.54 KiB) Viewed 11145 times

Please try to adjust the settings, if you still having difficulties please send us an email at info@mthbuilt.com - we will help you out,

Thanks
---
MTH Software

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Abbafan1972 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 am

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply. The options box that you're referring to is on the Desktop application, as I downloaded it to compare the two. I am using the "Live" application on the web and the options box doesn't have as many choices.

I have united kingdom selected on both the account details and the options.

Screenshots of what mine looks like. I have English United Kingdom £, selected on both. I don't have the option to change the date format and on the account manager the account balance still shows as dollars on the right hand column.
Abbafan1972

Next

Return to General Discussions and Announcements