Can't connect to National City

General Discussions and Announcements

Can't connect to National City

Postby zgeist » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 pm

I really want to try this software out, but I can't until I can import some data.
It's pretty annoying that I had to go find the relevant OFX info for National City, btw.
Why isn't that info just built into the software? Anyway, this is the error I get:

om.mth.catalina.exception.CatalinaOFXException: Catalina 1.0.5
Here is the detailed log:
java.text.ParseException: Incoming message does not appear to be a valid OFX data
at com.mth.catalina.ofx.parser.OFXParser.findOFXDataEntry(OFXParser.java:961)
at com.mth.catalina.ofx.parser.OFXParser.parse(OFXParser.java:156)
at com.mth.catalina.ofx.processor.OFXProcessor.getOfxAccountList(OFXProcessor.java:249)
at com.mth.mymoney.core.AutosyncHandler.getOfxAccountList(AutosyncHandler.java:218)
at com.mth.mymoney.ui.dialog.AddOfxServiceDialog$ofxGetAccountList$1.doInBackground(AddOfxServiceDialog.java:698)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

<!-- Incoming Data[] -->
at com.mth.catalina.ofx.parser.OFXParser.parse(OFXParser.java:303)
at com.mth.catalina.ofx.processor.OFXProcessor.getOfxAccountList(OFXProcessor.java:249)
at com.mth.mymoney.core.AutosyncHandler.getOfxAccountList(AutosyncHandler.java:218)
at com.mth.mymoney.ui.dialog.AddOfxServiceDialog$ofxGetAccountList$1.doInBackground(AddOfxServiceDialog.java:698)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
zgeist

Re: Can't connect to National City

Postby sparty83 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I get essentially the same error trying to connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank. Right now I can enter stuff manually, which is fine, but it would be nice to be able to hook up at some point in the future.
sparty83

Re: Can't connect to National City

Postby mthadm » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 am

We get the list of participating banks from a 3rd party provider, if National City isn't included then perhaps they opted to be excluded from this directory.

This error message means that the bank did not return any data after successful login, so we don't know what to do. Normally a bank will tell us if there is an error such as connection is down, or password is incorrect. In this case they simply didn't return anything, incoming data is empty.

We will look into National City situation, meanwhile have you enabled your account for online downloads ? Many banks require that you tell them that you will be accessing accounts this way.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements