create a costum report with ireport

General Discussions and Announcements

create a costum report with ireport

Postby kyomar » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 am

Hi,

I am currently evaluating MyMoney 2.0.37 and so fare I am very pleased with it 8-) . I still have a view questions/problems though:

1) I have just tried to create a balance sheet report - which is currently missing as well as a P/L sheet - with ireport 3.0.0. I have followed your instructions on MTH wiki and added the two .jar files to ireport (classpath). Then I tried to setup a new JDBC Connection and that's where I am stuck right now. I can't see/choose the JDBC Driver: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver in the list. What am I doing wrong?

2) I don't fully understand the function of the Tax tracking option - sorry :roll: .
2 a) Track as VAT category is clear, but where do I define the actual VAT% and how does it get booked?
2 b) Track as Personal resp. Business Tax category: which personal, business Tax (VAT?). Is this option to define wheter it's a personal or a business related category which would be a great feature. It would be even better if one could define the proportion like 20% privat resp. 80% business. Please explain me this tax tracking options if you don't mind.

3) I am using JPY as my default currency. Unfortunately the size of the Yen symbol is to big - it's just cosmetic. In the language/country list Japan appears twice.

4) As I have read in the forum you are already working on a budget and portfolio tool. When do you plan to implement these tools?

5) in the List and Categories section It would be great if one could see the corresponding amounts.

Thank you,
Markus
kyomar

Re: create a costum report with ireport

Postby mthadm » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:07 am

1) Classpath:

in iReport please select Options/Classpath. Add database to the classpath so it the classpath contains xxx\derby.jar and xxx\derbytools.jar

Click Save Classpath.

Click on Data - Connections/Data Sources

Click New

Select Database JDBC Connection

Give it a name, for example test

In the jdbc driver area simply type org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
in the jdbc URL type in path to your database as explained in wiki,
Click test, when password dialog comes up leave it empty and click Ok

You should be in business at this point, set this connection as your default active connection and you can modify the reports.

We suggest to save your reports under different names, may be in a different folder, because when you upgrade My Money they could be overwritten.

2) Tax tracking (personal or business) is simply a way to mark a transaction as tax related. When you run a tax report you can quickly separated tax related transactions from the rest, calculate the amounts so you have a clear picture of what was spent and how. For example if you use you car for business purposes you probably can mark some of gas purchases as tax related, then you can run a categorized tax report to figure out how much was spent on gas in a given month and year.

3) VATs don't have a corresponding proportions yet. We will add this shortly, in 4 to 5 weeks.

4) Have you tried to change the font to change the size of the yen ? Ot this is in reports ?

5) Investments part is in development now, we are hoping to go into Beta cycle late this year

6) Amounts in the list manager: This is something we have had in the past, we actually put the amounts next to Payees as well as Categories. What happens is that it slows down everything if you have large enough lists as amounts are resolved in real-time. We may do some optimization, cache the calculations for example, it is something that we recognize as a useful feature, but we don't have immediate plans for it.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby kyomar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 am

Hi,

thanks a lot for your prompt answer - it's very appreciated.

> ireport:
I have tried to setup ireport as described. Now I am getting the following message:

SQL problems: Failed to start database 'D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Markus\Eigene Dateien\mymoney\moneyDB', see the next exception for details.
jdbc:derby:D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Markus\Eigene Dateien\mymoney\moneyDB;create=false

Any ideas?

> Currency symbol:
I have changed the fonts but still no change. But not so important.

Everything else is cleare - thank you!
kyomar

Postby mthadm » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 am

Is database protected by a password ? If so, you may need to remove the password first. Create a clone database, literally copy the directory somewhere under different name,open it in My Money, remove the password and open it in iReport.

Can you please send a screenshot of whats wrong with the currency symbol ?

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby kyomar » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Yes the database was protected by a password. But as per instructions in the wiki I entered the password which seems not to work. Nevertheless removing the password (took me a while to find out how to remove though) as you suggested worked - thank you :)

I have made some printscreens showing the problem with the currency symbol, which were too big and now don't show up anymore at all. As I don't know how to enter the pictures in the forum (always same problem with forums :roll:) could you please provide me an e-mail address so I can send them as an attachment.

Thanks again for your help - greatly appreciated!
kyomar

Postby mthadm » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Sorry, we should have mentioned password part in wiki. We use much stronger encryption that the database provides and it gets in a way sometime.

Please send screenshots to info at mthbuilt.com, use regular attachments.

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements