Does trial version permit online banking, imports?

General Discussions and Announcements

Does trial version permit online banking, imports?

Postby drh » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I downloaded and installed 2.0.37 on Mac OS 10.5.5 to give it a whirl. I dearly love to pull my 20+ years of Quicken data into MyMoney (once it supports investements, of course).

I tried importing some accounts via QIF import. MyMoney seemed to read them fine, displayed them in a Downloaded Transactions window, and recognized the correct account. But I could never get it to accept the transactions; the Accept button remained grayed out. See attached import.tiff.

Then, I tried setting up online banking to Charles Schwab Bank and to US Bank. Both failed. Charles Schwab returned Error Code (INVALID). For US Bank, I had to enter the ORG, FID, and OFX Server info. The dialog box would not let me enter a FID. I could enter it, but as soon as I moved to a different field, the FID entry vanished. See attached online.tiff, which shows the FID just before I moved to a different field.
Attachments
online.tiff
online.tiff (37.89 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
import.tiff
import.tiff (109.92 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
drh

Re: Does trial version permit online banking, imports?

Postby mthadm » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:59 pm

1) To accept transaction you need to Match accounts first, the first time you import data we don't know how the data is related to the internal accounts. Once the account is matched we will remember that and will use it for subsequent imports.

Also, you may have a situation that you are importing multi-account file, in which case you will need to click on ">>" next button and match all accounts contained in the file. Once accounts are resolved accept becomes available.

2) Charles Schwab classifies their accounts are Investment accounts, even though you may just have a checking account with them. We do not support Investment accounts as of yet, we are working on the Investment product which will be available for beta testing soon.

3) FID situation could be a bug, we will take a look at it.

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby drh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm

1. Thanks for the explanation. I did match the first account, but not all accounts in the QIF file, which explains the behavior. I assumed I needed to import all the accounts at once in order for the transfers between accounts to be recognized properly. I'll give it another whirl.

2. I should have been more clear: I was trying Charles Schwab Bank, NA, not Charles Schwab Investments. Does Charles Schwab Bank classify their accounts as investment accounts? If so, that explains the problem.

Thanks,
dave h
drh

Postby mthadm » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:30 pm

Correct, Charles Schwab marks its accounts as investment accounts internally, even though they may have marketed the product as a simple checking account.

This is true for other investment firms, Fidelity for example has exact same classification.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements