Feature Requests

General Discussions and Announcements

Feature Requests

Postby Zoolook » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:20 am

Always good to have a thread with this topic.

- Bill reminders/scheduling
- Online Bill Payments (like MS Money handles it). So as soon as you pay the bill, it posts it immediately in your register, forward dated.
- Forward dated entries shaded
- Account balance screen to show value date balance as well as forward dated balance
- Investment Account support (401k etc). Sharebuilder is supported on most finance apps, would be a good one to work with
- Ability to customise register view (for example adding category or removing payee etc)

Thanks for reading.
Zoolook

Re: Feature Requests

Postby mthadm » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:33 am

1) Calendar is going through internal testing, once done it will include bill reminders, scheduling and possible syncing with Google calendar and Mac Calendar as well. This will be in next couple of bills

2) Online Bill pay is not scheduled at the moment, we are negotiating with the banks to see whether they will allow us to submit epay requests

3) We could option it I suppose, we will look into it

4) Could you elaborate on this a bit more, we do show bank balance, download balance, funds available balance in the register. What is a forward data balance then ?

5) Investments module will be provided as an add-on during the second half of 2008, we are finalizing product planning at this point

6) This has been asked before quite a few times. I don't know if you realize it but on Windows most of the tables are customizable on right click of the mouse.
We are looking at how to provide a similar feature on a Mac staying within Apple user-interface guidelines. We will add this before we ship the product.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Zoolook » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:29 am

OK, on question 4. This would be useful when you have bill payments and a calendar reminder facility with a one click 'enter to register option, and incidentally it's something neither MS Money or iBank has. I can't remember if Quicken does it.

Currently both the account manager and chart of accounts show the balance of the last entry, not the current date. So if there is a forward dated payment (like a bill payment), the balance takes this into account.

Let's say I have 2 accounts only. A checking account and a credit card account. Lets say my credit limit is $1000 for arguments sake, and my checking account has no facility for being over drawn.

When I get my credit card bill, it's $700 (leaving me with $300 credit) and payment is due in 10 days. I could simply not enter the bill payment until it is due, but then I might forget that I paid the bill. If I enter it in immediately (which is what you really want to do) then I might think I have $1000 to spend on my card, when I only have $300. However on my checking account, I WOULD want to have the forward value balance displayed, especially if this payment is going out before I get paid for example. So the flexibility would be nice.

I guess it depends on how people manage their finances, but this is something I have always wanted to see. When you multiply the above my 3 or 4 cards and several accounts, it's a pretty useful feature I think.

On 6, I have a Mac.
Zoolook

Postby mthadm » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 pm

There is an option that controls balance calculation, we were very reluctant to put in but were convinced by one of the customers that he absolutely needed it so we added it. To this day we feel it was a mistake to option it because it introduces degree of confusion.

This option controls how your balances are calculated. Normally this should be set to calculate "by date only", which if I understood your post is what you want.
You may have it set to "calculate by the register sort", which most of the time is wrong, because it doesn't take into account dates, you need
to physically resort the register by dates to get the correct balances.

Could you please play with it and let us know if that solves the problem.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby 2farrell » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Under the Payees section, if it is a Split transaction, is it possible to make one of the Split Payees show up on the main transaction page instead of this generic term. Maybe being able to have a check box to select which one you want to show up from the Splits to main transaction page would be good.
2farrell

Postby rafaqat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 am

Is there any facility to have a report that shows you in graph form the balance of an account over time stretching into the future?
MS Money has this and it's a godsend for me as I can see if I'm heading into the red at the rate I'm spending. :)

cheers.
raf
rafaqat

Postby mthadm » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:48 am

We have just added this in version 2.0.31

If you have scheduled recurring bills/deposits on an account, you can run Quick Analytics/Balance Forecast, it goes from 1 weeks to up to 2 years into the future

Thanks
---
MTH Software

mthadm
Site Admin

Postby Zoolook » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:06 pm

That's very cool, I'm going to check it out.
Zoolook

Return to General Discussions and Announcements