Reconciling large amounts of Transactions

General Discussions and Announcements

Reconciling large amounts of Transactions

Postby twodogron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 am

My Money v2.0.37
I've just Imported over 6,000 QIF generated transactions from another software into many accounts in MM.
2 of those accounts have over 2,500 transactions each..
I now want to "reconcile" all of those imported transactions up to my latest Bank Statements in Nov 2008 so that every month from now on my Beginning and End Statement amounts from my Bank tally with MM.
I thought it would be easy, hold down "shift" with "down arrow", highlight ALL transactions down to my latest Statement date and Bingo, from the side menu select "mark transaction as"---"Reconciled", but that doesn't work...........
After this action all the transactions in the account have the correct "reconciled" pencil logo BUT when you try to Reconcile the latest Bank Statements in the "proper" way, the Reconcile Screen wants ALL of the transactions "reconciled again" one by one..... and in this Mode, shift-down arrow "highlight" doesn't work so you are asked to Reconcile over 6,000 entries again...
Anyone got any ideas.....???
Ron..
Mac OSx Mountain Lion
twodogron

Re: Reconciling large amounts of Transactions

Postby mthadm » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 am

Once the transaction is reconciled it should not even appear in the reconcile dialog for manual reconciliation.

We put in mass-reconcile for that exact reason, to quickly reconcile accounts after large imports.

Would you mind sending us 2 screenshots, 1 is for the register where transactions are reconciled and 2 is for the reconcile dialog where these same transactions are shown, there could be an issue there, we are not 100% sure how is that even possible.

Please send as attachments to info at mthbuilt.com

Many thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Reconciling large amounts of Transactions

Postby twodogron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Can't think why, but after shutting down MM and restarting after lunch the Auto Reconcile was showing the correct information..
Maybe I should have tried this before posting...
All's fine again now, sorry for the supply of wrong information !!!
Ron.
Mac OSx Mountain Lion
twodogron

Return to General Discussions and Announcements