Getting information out issues

General Discussions and Announcements

Getting information out issues

Postby dmjung » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 pm

It's that time of the year to generate reports to hand off to the tax accountants...first time with My Money and this is a lot more work than it should be (or was with MS-Money.)

A. Categorized Reports - transactions are showing up multiple times in the report. Once under the main category and then again under the subcategory. Not that I've seen them all, but all the categorized accounting style reports I have ever seen follow a format similar to this:

MainCategoryA-Heading
SubCategory1-Heading
Transaction 1
Transaction 2
SubCategory1-Subtotal
MainCategoryA-Subtotal
MainCategoryB-Heading
Transaction3
MainCategoryB-Subtotal
GrandTotal

B. Using a Categorized Report again. Generate and then using the diskette icon save the report as an Excel file. The spreadsheet has no dates in it.

C. File / Export account to MS-CSV-8. We either need the fields quoted or preferably have an additional tab-separated export option. An unquoted CSV is a mess when you have commas in Payee names...which is fairly common at least for me.

Thanks.

--David
dmjung

Re: Getting information out issues

Postby mthadm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 am

Hello,

We are planning to address the A) "Double inclusion" in the next release, it is in a high priority issue list at the moment.

We can add the quotes into the exported csv file, and add an option to use an aribtrary optionable character as a separator, it makes sense

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Getting information out issues

Postby dmjung » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 am

Thank you!

--David
dmjung

Return to General Discussions and Announcements