"Renewing" MTH MyMoney

General Discussions and Announcements

"Renewing" MTH MyMoney

Postby nylorac » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Forgive my ignorance but I've read the Wiki on this subject but I find it a little "vague" with regards to "Renewals"........

If I buy the single user product ($49.95) I get 1 years Support, Bug Fixes, Both Maintenance and Upgrade Releases..

If I want the FULL Product facility to continue after 1 year it will cost me another $49.95 minus 20% ($39.96) and so on year on year....
If this is the case a 5 year FULL owning (leasing) cycle will cost me, Year One £49.95 plus Year 2,3,4 and 5 = ($39.96 x 4 = $159.84) making a total of $209.79 over the whole 5 years...........

If I choose NOT to pay the "Renewal" fee (Initial Single Payment of $49.95 only) then I presume after 1 year my current version of MyMoney at the end of the first year stays at that version for all time with NO Upgrades or Support whatsoever.. Since minor upgrades seem to be released almost monthly this could be a severe drawback when needing to follow development....

I hope I'm wrong, indeed I must be wrong but I need someone to tell me, However, I have a sneaky suspicion that if this is correct then MyMoney must be one of the most expensive Personal Financial Packages out there.. not exactly a purchase but more of a lease arrangement....
Please tell me I'm wrong................
nylorac

Re: "Renewing" MTH MyMoney

Postby mthadm » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello,

If I buy the single user product ($49.95) I get 1 years Support, Bug Fixes, Both Maintenance and Upgrade Releases..

Correct

If I want the FULL Product facility to continue after 1 year it will cost me another $49.95 minus 20% ($39.96) and so on year on year....

Once installed with a license our products don't expire and we do not disable or sunset features after 1 year.

What expires is ability to participate in the product upgrade cycle, bug fixes, support etc.

If I choose NOT to pay the "Renewal" fee (Initial Single Payment of $49.95 only) then I presume after 1 year my current version of MyMoney at the end of the first year stays at that version for all time with NO Upgrades or Support whatsoever.. Since minor upgrades seem to be released almost monthly this could be a severe drawback when needing to follow development....

Correct.

I hope I'm wrong, indeed I must be wrong but I need someone to tell me, However, I have a sneaky suspicion that if this is correct then MyMoney must be one of the most expensive Personal Financial Packages out there.. not exactly a purchase but more of a lease arrangement....

You may or may not need to upgrade, if the software works for you then and you are not interested in new features then it is perfectly fine to leave it as it is. Also, we have had situations in the past when we upgraded all of our customer base without charging them because there was a serious issue and we felt it was our responsibility to correct it.

A large percentage of our customers participate in the upgrade program because they see value in it, and many chose not to -- either way we find a way to accomodate both groups.

Our prices have been stable for a number of years and we don't see a reason to change the pricing at this point,

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements