New User Questions about My Money

General Discussions and Announcements

New User Questions about My Money

Postby CLTPilot » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm experimenting with Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) on a spare laptop I have. I'm trying to see if I can do everything I need to via Linux. If so I'll put it on my main computer and only use Windows to play the occasional game. I currently use Quicken 2010 with Bank of America and USAA.

Questions:
1. Does My Money support making online payments? The info here isn't clear about that. If so will I have to manually re-enter all my payees? Not that big of a deal, I could do it in a few hours.

2. I read a forum post about problems connecting with USAA. Will that be an issue for me? I have a 2nd mortgage and credit card accounts with them.

3. Can I download or import my credit card charges like I do with Quicken?

4. Is there a Master password vault so I can just type in the one password when I want to update all my accounts?

Thanks. I really like Linux so far, I hope I can use it as my full time OS.

CLTPilot
CLTPilot

Re: New User Questions about My Money

Postby mthadm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am

Hello,

1) MyMoney does not support online payments as all bank connections are originated one-way, i.e. data and instructions flows from your bank into MyMoney. One cannot make a payment, transfer funds or otherwise manipulate bank accounts from within MyMoney environment. This is done on purpose for security reasons and will not change. We suggest to make payments on the banks website and then synchronize with MyMoney

2) We have confirmation from customers that USAA issue was resolved, but each individual case may be different because of specifics of your account so you will need to try to see if it works for you or not

3) MyMoney can download data in Quicken format ( as well as many other formats)

4) There is a master passwords for the entire database, so you can click on a single button and sync up your accounts. If you forget your password you will need to start your database from scratch, there is no way to recover this password.

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements