QIF Import is missing some transactions

General Discussions and Announcements

QIF Import is missing some transactions

Postby tenjin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version today to evaluate.

I like it a lot, but it doesn't import all of my QIF data properly. My data is from Microsoft Money.

I saw on another post about turning off the "data matching" and "duplicate detection days" functionality, which I did (detection days set to 0, data matching turned off by unticking the box). While it changed the behaviour of the import (difference resultant balance from the earlier import) it still didn't generate the same balance as I have now in Microsoft Money. This is because MyMoney is dropping transactions on import.

For example, I have two bank withdrawals for £20 on the same day. The import process dropped one of them even after switching everything off as instructed, and noted above.

This makes the product unusable, for me at least. That's a great shame as I like what I see.

Do you have any plans to alter / fix this behaviour?

Regards

D.
tenjin

Re: QIF Import is missing some transactions

Postby mthadm » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:05 pm

If you don't mind, could you please send this QIF file to us. We don't need the whole thing, just the part that is causing issues.

You can private message us on this forum or send into info at mthbuilt.com

As a side note, why are you using QIF files when exporting from Microsoft Money ? Are you aware that we actually can convert an entire Microsoft Money file at one go using CSV import/export ?

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: QIF Import is missing some transactions

Postby tenjin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi,

PM sent.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Darren.
tenjin