qif importing issue

General Discussions and Announcements

qif importing issue

Postby bartman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 am

I imported a QIF-file (01/01/2005-31/12/2006) file and found one (maybe there are more) transaction that did not get trough. I did a test and imported the same QIF file in Jumsoft money3. No problem. I really can't see what could be wrong with it. It becomes even stranger when I saw that this transaction is visible in the "download transaction" window before I click the accept button. After that this transaction has gone in my checkbook. I erased the import and did it all over again but ended in the same result
bartman

Re: qif importing issue

Postby mthadm » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Hello,

It may have been matched against a different transaction. For example, if you made two purchases made out to cash on amount of $20 on the same day My Money will consider them duplicates and will filter out the first one.

You can adjust sensitivity of matching or disable it in Preferences/Import/Export screen,

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: qif importing issue

Postby bartman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

it' s about 2 transactions, happened on the same day, same amount ( -70,00) (withdrawal) but from 2 different payees.

Choosing either 10 or 100% (Match when strings are similar) didn't help. However setting the duplicate detection days to zero , did the trick. It was on 4 days. Don't no if 0 days is a good setting although
bartman

Return to General Discussions and Announcements