Deleting inactive accounts

General Discussions and Announcements

Deleting inactive accounts

Postby davep » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm

I have successfully transferred my data from MS Money. I am now cleaning up MyMoney and have some Accounst that I would now like to remove. I am unable to identify a means of removing 'Closed' accounts. Is this possible, if so how?
davep

Re: Deleting inactive accounts

Postby mthadm » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Even though accounts are marked as "closed" they still may contain transactions.

If you want to completely remove an account from the database you need to load it up in the register first, select all transactions manually, delete them,
then go back to the Account Manager and click on delete account.

This is done on purpose as removing an account full of historical transactions can not be undone, so by going through the additional step of removing transactions first add the extra layer of protection.

On a separate note, carrying closed accounts in the database in not expensive in terms of space or computation, why would you want to remove them ?
You always can filter them out so they are not in your view.

General rule of thumb is 1k of historical transactions add about 1 sec on load time on startup, this is on a relatively old macs we use for testing. On newer machines the speed is not consideration at all.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Deleting inactive accounts

Postby davep » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks that helps. I have also found the Account Tools menu that was hidden from view on my installation. Moved the 'bar' and now able to see more functionality
davep

Return to General Discussions and Announcements