Questions and suggestions

General Discussions and Announcements

Questions and suggestions

Postby cram » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:46 am

Hello,

After testing mmy 2.0.50 (on an empty db first) I have the following questions and suggestions :

Reports :
How can I select tags ? I expected to find a 'Choose Tags' tab.
How can I display categories without sub-categories ? I would like to create a customized Compartive Profit and Loss report with only the main categories and a total.

Account Manager :
How can I right aligned the balance amounts ?
The accounts are broken down by Account Category. It would be very useful :
- to add the total balance on each line labeled Asset Accounts, Liability Accounts, Equity Accounts,...
- to choose between different breakdowns (Account Category, Account Type and Currency). The objective
is to see the total balance of a group of accounts.

Loan :
How can I edit a Loan Account to change the Bank Information not yet introduced ?
How can I associate tags to a Loan Memorized Transaction ?
After the first payment, the 'Number of Payments Made' field remains equal to 0.

Memorized Transactions :
Click on the Yellow Star button; select a memorized transaction; click on the Enter button : nothing happens.
You have to go to the Calendar tab to enter a memorized transaction.
On the same window when you choose Next Quarter only the first coming transaction of a series is displayed.
How can I display all the future occurrences for the period ? Could you add a column to display the transaction amount ?

Calendar :
When a memorized transaction is introduced in a register, it disappears from the calendar. Is it possible
to keep the transaction visible but with a new color (different from Deposit, Withdrawal and Transfer) ?

Balance :
If I introduce a transaction with a future date in a register how can I
- highlight the transaction (specific color,...) ?
- display the current and the future balance ?

Multi-currency :
Where can I introduce the exchange rate between 2 currencies ?

Thanks,
cram

Re: Questions and suggestions

Postby mthadm » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:55 am

Hello,

We are going over the list studying your suggestions, but few things are possible today:

Q:How can I right aligned the balance amounts ?
A:Preferences-Numeric Values in Tables=Right Aligned

Q: highlight the transaction (specific color,...) ?
A: Colors are set through Payees and Categories, you would need to assign the transaction to a special category that has been colorized

Q:display the current and the future balance ?
A:Running balance in the register up to your current date will have correct current balance, after that point balances are in the future. Quick Analytics-Balance Forecast allows you to see impact of your scheduled transactions.

Q: Where can I introduce the exchange rate between 2 currencies ?
A: When you are transferring between accounts denominated in different currencies exchange rates can be resolved automatically. If you prefer you can enter it manually on the same Exchange dialog.

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby cram » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 am

Hello,

Q:How can I right aligned the balance amounts ?
A:Preferences-Numeric Values in Tables=Right Aligned
R:I tried it but it doesn't work.

Q: highlight the transaction (specific color,...) ?
A: Colors are set through Payees and Categories, you would need to assign the transaction
to a special category that has been colorized
R:Though this is a tremendous feature the workaround is not efficient. It obliges me to update the transactions
when the future date becomes the current date in assigning the correct category.

Q:display the current and the future balance ?
A:Running balance in the register up to your current date will have correct current balance,
after that point balances are in the future. Quick Analytics-Balance Forecast allows you
to see impact of your scheduled transactions.
R: Unfortunately the Running balance is not the Current balance (= what I really own on my bank account
at the current date). The Running balance includes all the transaction amounts (past and future).

Q: Where can I introduce the exchange rate between 2 currencies ?
A: When you are transferring between accounts denominated in different currencies exchange rates
can be resolved automatically. If you prefer you can enter it manually on the same Exchange dialog.
R:The question arised when I tried to generate a Profit and Loss report for 2 accounts in 2 different
currencies (USD and EUR=base currency). The report contained the data from one and only one account (EUR).
So I thought I had to introduce a missing exchange rate somewhere.
cram

Postby mthadm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for clarifications, we will take a look. Could you please take a screenshot of your register (may be not the main one but some misc account) that will show that balances are not right aligned?
please send to info at mthbuilt.com This works fine in our environment so we would like to have some evidence that it is broken for you

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements