Trying your software for the 1st time

General Discussions and Announcements

Trying your software for the 1st time

Postby hextejas » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:57 pm

I am looking for an alternative to MsMoney and wanted to give yours a go.

I saw the procedure for converting data and need some help in reconciling.

1) What I really need is the ability to produce a report from one account with totals by month, so I can narrow down the differences.

2) Also I tried importing a Fidelity brokerage account, QIF format, and My Money says
"Import Investments not supported...QIF Investment Report"
Any idea why ?

3) Is there a budgeting module/feature

thanks,

george
hextejas

Re: Trying your software for the 1st time

Postby mthadm » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Hello,

1) Any (Custom) Report can be customized so you can select specific account, date ranges, categories etc that you are interested in. You can save your reports or print them as you see fit.
If you want to see totals should run either Categorized transactions Report or P&L report

2) Investment Transactions are not supported at this point, Investment functionality is in a private beta test and should be released to a public beta test soon.

3) There is no dedicated budgeting, but you can easily track your spending by selecting Payee/Category/Sub Category History from the Navigator Menu. In addition, My Money also supports account forecast functionality

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Trying your software for the 1st time

Postby hextejas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 am

Thanks for the help, but alas it won't work.

I tried categorized custom reports, changing the dates to the range I wanted.
Unfortunately, this report does not give a "Report" total, ie the grand total of all transactions. This would be very helpful as I attempt to reconcile the imported accounts.
For the P&L report, it does give a final total, but the print button is grayed out, so I couldn't print it.

The perfect report would allow me to select one account, a date range and it would list the entries in detail, in date order, with a final total.

Maybe the next release.

I will check back later when you get the investments module in place.

regards,

george
hextejas

Return to General Discussions and Announcements