Questions about downloading

General Discussions and Announcements

Questions about downloading

Postby jbalenti » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm a brand new My Money user, and am trying before buying. I tried downloading from my bank, and then imported the downloaded OFX file into My Money. There were five different accounts which I matched to existing accounts, but it downloaded different dates for each account, including many transactions which were already entered. I cannot find a way to delete transactions before accepting them, a necessary step unless I want to go back and delete several years worth of duplicated transactions from one of the accounts.

It also did not download credit accounts or loans, only assets (checking, savings, and CD's). Is this a bank issue or My Money? Quicken did it exactly right, but I'm now on a Mac, where Quicken is a terrible choice.

If anyone can answer my questions, I would appreciate it.

Jim
jbalenti

Re: Questions about downloading

Postby mthadm » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello,

My Money does not allow you to pick and choose what to download at the time of import, you can always delete it later.

You can set up time window at how far back to look for your downloaded data, you can do this trough Preferences/Import-Export/Auto Synchronize Data From option

There are no limitations on Credit Card and Loan accounts; if your banks allows you to connect to your accounts through OFX you you should be able to download and process them.

Please note that at this point My Money does not support Investment accounts,

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements