Investment Module for Mac

General Discussions and Announcements

Investment Module for Mac

Postby newuser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 am

So I am a bit confused. Does My Money have an investment module for MAC? Will is support individual bonds of varying types (corporates, munis etc)? If not, when will the module be out? Given how huge a void there is for personal finance software for MAC (its surprising how BAD most of them are) this software looks promising but is pretty useless for anyone with more than a checking account right now. Also, more ability to customize reports (i.e. break down expenses and income by each month etc) is needed for it to be truly flexible, useful. I have wasted many many hrs trying out different MAC personal finance software and this looks promising. I am waiting to purchase it but won't until the investment module is published. Hope its soon!
newuser

Re: Investment Module for Mac

Postby mthadm » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:04 am

Hello,

1) Investment module is in private beta at the moment and is getting close for a public test release. We are supporting US Treasuries Bonds at the moment (excluding TIPS) and will add other bond types gradually.
We are also planning on adding a direct synchronization with TreasuryDirect

2) Any report with extensions (Custom) can be customized, does that not work for you?

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby mblake » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:10 am

Excellent news about the investment module coming soon. I installed the latest version of MyMoney today and was very disappointed to find that there is still no investment capability for the Mac, this is an eagerly awaited module for me and similar to 'newuser' once we have it I will purchase the software. Hopefully it becomes available very soon as since transferring to MS Money there is pressure to use a package such as iBank which includes investments. I'd rather use MyMoney if I can.

Thanks,
Mickey
mblake

Postby newuser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:15 am

Hi, thanks for the reply. When it comes to customizing reports..here is a post I had done earlier:

s there a way to customize a report such that I can view monthly expenses at the category level (i.e. without the individual transactions).

Example:
Jan Feb Mar .... Total
Income:
Wages 100 100 100 300

Expenses
Taxes 25 25 25 75

Total: 75 75 75 225

Also, in the report if you have 2 expenses for the same amount to the same payee it only picks up one of them. Is this a known bug?
Finally, have you released the investment module for the MAC? If not, when is this planned to be released?
I am switching over from MS Money and this program looks the most promising, but it needs more flexible reporting in order to be really useful.

Thanks, Sumit
newuser

Postby mthadm » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Sumit,

As we explained in previous post , we are planning on releasing P&L report that will allow you to run comparisons across time periods,

We will keep you posted when it becomes available,

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby newuser » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks again! With regards to bonds, will the software track coupon payments, daily market to market prices etc? Also, will the software generate the characteristics of the bond if you input the CUSIP or will the user effectively have to "create" the bond in the software? (microsoft money did upload the characteristics automatically). If this software handles bonds properly it would put it leaps and bounds ahead of all the other software out there!

Regards,
Sumit
newuser

Return to General Discussions and Announcements