Can't enter NEW transactions - padlock appears locked

General Discussions and Announcements

Can't enter NEW transactions - padlock appears locked

Postby mct74 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 pm

All of the suddent, the padlock in the bottom right of the screen shows as locked and I can no longer enter new transactions into any of my accounts.

I can edit existing transactions without a problem. I can also create new accounts, but I can't add new transactions to the new account.

I was able to create a new database and add new transactions to that (but I can't still add new accounts to my LIVE database). Any ideas on how to unlock my live database? I am logging in with my username and password as usual and the window says the database is open for editting.... any thoughts? Thanks!

FYI: I just upgraded from 2.0.45 to 2.0.47 to see if it would fix it and it did not. :(
mct74

Re: Can't enter NEW transactions - padlock appears locked

Postby mthadm » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Hello,

Padlock indicates that your database is protected by password.

Try to remove all passwords completely through Preferences/Privacy/Remove All users, next time you start My Money your database should have unlocked padlock. You can always protect database with a password later once you resolved your issue,

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Can't enter NEW transactions - padlock appears locked

Postby mct74 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks. That worked. Weird... security must have gotten corrupt somehow. Good to know for the future in case that happens again though! :)
mct74

Return to General Discussions and Announcements