Payees in split transactions

General Discussions and Announcements

Payees in split transactions

Postby 4u2guess » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:44 pm

When I import split transactions from QIF files, the payee column for the first line of the split contains the correct payee, but for following split lines it contains a copy of the category for that line. I would prefer it to default to contain the same payee as the first line.

If I manually change the payee in a split line to a different payee, the amount for that line changes, even if I have form autofill completely disabled in general options.

Third, when a split transaction contains a line that has a transfer to another account, the memo line in the register window inherits the memo of that transfer split line instead of the memo from the first split line.

Fourth, when viewing a transfer 'child' line in a register view, I would prefer to see the payee from the 'parent' transaction in the payee column instead of the "Transfer from:" or "Transfer To:" which is identical to the category column contents. I believe that it should also be clear that it is a 'child' transaction which cannot be safely edited directly, so the edit warning pop-up should also contain a link to go directly to the 'parent' transaction. Does this comment make sense?
4u2guess

Re: Payees in split transactions

Postby mthadm » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Hello,

Could you please send us a fragment of your QIF import and may be an after import split dialog and register screen shot so we understand it better

The autofill not behaving properly in splits is a known issue that will be fixed in the next build, 2.0.47

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements