QIF partial import

General Discussions and Announcements

QIF partial import

Postby jvcib » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:28 am

Hello,

Recently I switch to Mac, and as a 15 years user of MS Money I tried to find some financial product for it. I downloaded the trial version of MyMoney, which looks very similar.
I followed instructions for importing CSV file from MS Money without any result (nothing happens, and I tried almost everything), so I tried to import data other way using QIF file exported from MS Money account by account. With this I manage to import some data but only from 01.01.2000.?! What happened with older data? QIF file contain all transactions from 1997 till today but during import I can see only transactions from 01.01.2000.
Can You please help my with this?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
jvcib

Re: QIF partial import

Postby mthadm » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Hello,

CSV imports are very format sensitive, please follow instructions exactly and please compare your file to the posted sample on the wiki page, there should be exactly 8 fields for the import to go through.

In particular please pay attention to the running balances column, it should be switched off in Microsoft Money as the balances are recalculated after import automatically.

Also, please pay attention to the dates format in the CSV, you may need to adjust My Money import dates fromat through preferences.

If you still have issues please send us a fragment of your file we will take a look, you can PM it to us here on the forum or send it to info at mthbuilt.com

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements