Strange account behaviour

General Discussions and Announcements

Strange account behaviour

Postby rkm » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi,
I last posted about problems dropping duplicate transactions when importing from MSMoney which I see you fixed in build 36 and decided to give MyMoney another spin now that I can get all my data in. The only remaining import issue I have is that I have some transfers between GBP and USD denominated accounts that are duplicated after import. So, say I transferred GBP100 @ 1.9093 my M$ export file has two lines:

,yyyy-mm-dd,,,E*Trade (USD) (Cash),,Transfer From : Lloyds Current, 190.9300
,yyyy-mm-dd,,,Lloyds Current,,Transfer To : E*Trade (USD) (Cash), -100.0000

After the import Lloyds Current has two transfer out records for GBP100 and GBP190.93 and E*Trade has two transfer in records for the same values (both accounts are created as GBP as the account meta-data isn't exported). Anyway, I can guess why the import does what it does and it's easy to correct but doing so exposed some odd bugs. I created a new transfer out with the same date etc, filled in the rate in the dialog that popped up and hit "Ok" and nothing happened until I hit "Ok" again. Bug #1. I delete the old duplicate transactions and return to the Account Manager tab only to find that the highlighted row that used to be "Lloyds Current" is now "E*Trade (USD) (Cash)". Bug #2. The old E*Trade account entry is still there and double-clicking on the row that used to be Lloyds Current opens up the Lloyds Current register and the old E*Trade entry opens up the E*Trade register.

If I shutdown and restart then Lloyds Current comes back in all its glory so not a disaster. Playing around reveals that bug #2 happens if I transfer from any account to any other irrespective of currency, with the row for the "transfer from" account being replaced by the row for the "transfer to" account in the Account Manager tab.

The main reason I downloaded the latest version was to check out the investments module, but that looks to be still in beta. Can I get on the beta programme?

Ross
rkm

Re: Strange account behaviour

Postby mthadm » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:39 pm

Is this still reproduce able on your machine?

If it is we would appreciate if you could zip your database and send it to us, please delete all other data except for the problem transactions

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements