Usage questions

General Discussions and Announcements

Usage questions

Postby cadiolis » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 am

I am just evaluating MyMoney and it seems quite usable so far. I just have a couple of questions

1. I can't seem to find a way to auto-categorize a transaction. For example, automatically categorize all "McDonald's" transactions as 'Dining Out'. This is a common feature of most financial applications that I have used and saves a tremendous amount of time when importing transactions from online
2. Is there a way of showing all 'un-edited' transactions? The use case here is when I import a new batch of transactions from online via OFX (my bank does not have a OFX server). It would be great if, on import, these newly imported transactions would show up in a separate list so that I can go through and address each item
cadiolis

Re: Usage questions

Postby mthadm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 am

Hello,

1) We don't support auto-categorization at this point. This is mostly because of business and patent reasons.
Having said so, once you assigned a given payee to a particular category it will be remembered and assigned to the same category next time you download or manually enter the data with a same payee. My Money also adapts to your usage, if you merge payees or refactor them it will remember and properly resolve your choices later.

2) We actually mark synced transactions as electronically downloaded. I suppose we could extend it and mark all imported transactions as such
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Usage questions

Postby cadiolis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:34 am

As a follow up... I found the functionality I wanted by using the 'Refactor Categories' features (hotkey ctrl-2)
cadiolis

Return to General Discussions and Announcements