OFX Connection problem & multiple accounts

General Discussions and Announcements

OFX Connection problem & multiple accounts

Postby adlin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to this product. I've imported an OFX file from ING Direct. There are multiple accounts and some of the accounts I do NOT want to import or to keep information on, is this possible?

I matched and accepted the accounts, but when I try to set up an online link to ING Direct, the OFX Server, ORG, FID information does not populate. Do you not work with ING?

Thank you.
adlin

Re: OFX Connection problem & multiple accounts

Postby mthadm » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:41 pm

My Money can work with any bank that has opened access to its account holder information through OFX direct connect.

ING Direct (USA) does not support OFX connections, whereas ING Direct (Canada) does.

You can't disable the account importation from My Money side, if the file contains account data it has to be matched with My Money account and it will be imported. If you are not interested in this data please exclude it from the banks side when you are creating the export file, most banks allow you to setup what accounts and what date ranges should be included into the OFX/QIF file.

Another alternative is to setup a single dormant account in My Money and match all the accounts you are not interested in to it and just clean it periodically

Thanks,
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: OFX Connection problem & multiple accounts

Postby adlin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Thank you. I had finally established a catch all account... but wasn't sure if they could be deleted every so often and it appears they can.
adlin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements