Editing Memorised Transactions

General Discussions and Announcements

Editing Memorised Transactions

Postby PaulB » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:23 am

I understand that the Calendar and Memorised transactions were updated in the recent release, 2.0.41.

However, I am not sure I understand how the editing of memorised transactions works? A scenario that I wish to calendar is the weekly food bill. Say the average is £50 (varies week on week between say £40 and £100). So in the calendar I setup a new bill with a frequency of weekly and £50, but when the actual bill comes through I want to enter the correct amount. My expectation would be right click the occurance in the calendar or double click whereby I can then correct the amount for the specific transaction without effecting the series and this gets entered into my account.

Paul
PaulB

Re: Editing Memorised Transactions

Postby mthadm » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:38 am

We discussed this internally, we think this will overburden the workflow too much for little practical benefit.

If we were to popup a dialog asking how the bill or deposit should be entered this would amount to trying to gather the information that has already been entered,
if you want to edit the actual bill or deposit you always can do it right in the register.

We discussed adding an option to mark bills as "usually stays the same" kind or "amount varies" kind, and if amount is variable then another attempt is made to gather more information. Unfortunately yhis invariably adds another layer of complexity.

We may revisit the idea a bit later, there are quite a few bill/deposit wizards that are being worked at the moment such as ability to add your paycheck or calculate and add mortgage payment and this could be rolled out as part of it.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Editing Memorised Transactions

Postby PaulB » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Okay at least my understanding of the interface is correct as it stands.

Thank you for at least considering this functionallity (I have become used to it as MS Money had such a facility)

Paul
PaulB

Return to General Discussions and Announcements