Improvements / bugs?

General Discussions and Announcements

Improvements / bugs?

Postby PaulB » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:45 am

Good morning,

Now I am using MyMoney daily instead of MS Money I am getting used to things and wondering if my installation has bugs or maybe could be improved:
- When entering a transaction I can tab through the fields but when I enter the final amount (last tab action) I then have to use the mouse to enter the transcation. Would it be possible that pressing the Return key had the same effect?
- When selecting Calendar from the tabs it isn't jumping to Today instead it seems to be "stuck" some time in February (possible when I installed MyMoney)
- From the memorised list would it be possible to export to CSV? Therefore, allowing further analysis in a Spreadsheet of known outgoings?

Paul
PaulB

Re: Improvements / bugs?

Postby mthadm » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:22 am

1) Enter key has different meaning on different operating systems so it is difficult to get it working the same way on Windows and MacOS for example.

We remapped Form submission to Alt-Enter to remove OS dependencies, you can change it to anything you want from Keyboard mapping through options.
Be careful with the plain enter, because it also could trigger check selection from the register and opening it up for editing which could be ambiguous (i.e. upon pressing enter should the check be picked and opened for editing or should the editing cease and check saved back)

2) We noticed this earlier -- the bug has been fixed and the fix will appear in build 41

3) Memorized transaction are being redone right now, we want to be more flexible in a way we handle them. Exporting them into a file, specifically into a QIF file is in a spec so we will have this functionality. We can't make a time commitment on when this will be done.

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Improvements / bugs?

Postby PaulB » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 am

All fixed for me in 2.41 many thanks
PaulB

Return to General Discussions and Announcements