Cannot import qif file

General Discussions and Announcements

Cannot import qif file

Postby glenn » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:35 am

I am using MTH Money on Linspire 6 and am trying to import from Quicken Cash Manager 2008 on Windows XP.
I have exported the qif file and copied it to a partition that Linspire can use.

When I try to import the .qif file, I get "Unable to process downloaded data" error message and the following in details:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1
at java.util.Vector.get(Unknown Source)
at com.mth.catalina.qif.parser.QIFParser.parseTransaction(QIFParser.java:566)
at com.mth.catalina.qif.parser.QIFParser.parseSingleAccount(QIFParser.java:407)
at com.mth.catalina.qif.parser.QIFParser.parseMultipleAccounts(QIFParser.java:223)
at com.mth.catalina.qif.parser.QIFParser.parse(QIFParser.java:151)
at com.mth.mymoney.core.ImportHelper.importQifData(ImportHelper.java:129)
at com.mth.mymoney.ui.dialog.ImportTransactionsDialog.importData(ImportTransactionsDialog.java:648)
at com.mth.mymoney.ui.dialog.ImportTransactionsDialog$1$1.doInBackground(ImportTransactionsDialog.java:221)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions?

Glenn
glenn

Re: Cannot import qif file

Postby mthadm » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Could you please copy paste some of this file and email to us.

Please don't post it into the forum, email to info@mthbuilt.com

QIF is a text file, so you can copy it as a text into email, also if it makes you more comfortable you can replace payee names with bogus names,
we are interested to see the structure of the file, not the actual information

Many thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby barney » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm

I too am unable to import a QIF file generated by Ibank (iggsoftware).. just comes up with error...

I have to say I like the look of this software... very simular to MS Money... could be very popular to the MS Money converts...

Willing to help if I can...
barney

Postby barney » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm

further on my post... I have just gone back to money and used the same exported file that i used to go to ibank... works fine.. I can import into Mymoney... I just cannot import the Qif file from ibank... which is what I was using till I came across this.
barney

Postby mthadm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm

We have received a bunch of error submissions these few days from what it looks like a qif imports generated by iBank.

Without going into much of technical details of what was wrong, the general problem is how iBank generates split transactions, for some reason a category could come up empty or there would be a duplicate split with messed up fields.

We put in some code to mitigate that, all previously erroring qif imports that we tracked are now passing through fine.

Having said that we would advise to also double check for accuracy all qif imports that are coming from iBank, you may end up with no categories or wrong payees for example.

The fixes are in build 31, will be distributed in another week or so
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby barney » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:24 pm

mthadm wrote:We have received a bunch of error submissions these few days from what it looks like a qif imports generated by iBank.

Without going into much of technical details of what was wrong, the general problem is how iBank generates split transactions, for some reason a category could come up empty or there would be a duplicate split with messed up fields.

We put in some code to mitigate that, all previously erroring qif imports that we tracked are now passing through fine.

Having said that we would advise to also double check for accuracy all qif imports that are coming from iBank, you may end up with no categories or wrong payees for example.

The fixes are in build 31, will be distributed in another week or so

wow... nows thats support.... congrats guys.... looking forward to the next release.... on a side note.. I take it that this software will be charged... so if I start to use the latest build 31 will I be able to once this package is final.. move it to the latest final build...

If I can help in any way in regards testing compared to MS Money.. especially for the UK Market.. just ask.... this software looks like it will beat ibank...
barney

Return to General Discussions and Announcements