Forecast Balance

General Discussions and Announcements

Forecast Balance

Postby PaulB » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:00 am

One of the most useful features for me in MS Money was the ability to see my cashflow in an account over the next month. I note in My Money you have the Quick Analysis function but is it possible to make the new dialogue window larger? Can the chart be customised so it shows the future month by default (not the last six months). Finally in a future release as you hover over parts of the chart could it show date, running balance, transaction up a pop-up (like MS Money does)?

Paul
PaulB

Re: Forecast Balance

Postby mthadm » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:57 am

Almost all windows and dialogs in My Money are "smart", not only that they are re-sizable but they will also remember their last position and size as well next time you use them.

If you are on a Mac try to grab by a lower right corner and resize by depressing the left mouse button and moving the mouse while the button is depressed. We can post a screenshot if you need help.

On Windows and Linux you can resize by moving any window border into your desired direction.

If you hover the mouse cursor over the part of the forecast that have little dots a popup window will come-up that will show results of the calculation, it shows the running balance and we certainly can extend it to include other information. Default popup lag is 3 seconds so you may want to wait a bit before the popup window is shown.

The charts don't remember the last time periods or other criteria, we can add this as a default behavior

Thanks
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Forecast Balance

Postby PaulB » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 am

Quite right I can expand the window of the forecast balance when I hover over the edges. I guess I was too quick to think it couldn't be resized because of the lack of maximise, minimise buttons in the top right of the box.

I was also too impatient with the pop-up boxes and they work exactly as you describe.

My preference for the Month Ahead future balance chart would be to just show the that period rather than several months before. I assume others may not want this so it would be nice if it is customisable and memorable.

Thanks

Paul
PaulB

Return to General Discussions and Announcements