Unable to backup My Money database...

General Discussions and Announcements

Unable to backup My Money database...

Postby Pontypine » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm

When trying to backup My Money I get the following message:

My Money 2.0.40
Unable to backup My Money database - Invalid backup folder.
Please check your access rights and file permissions.

Im using Mac OS X, 10.4.11

I am the only user set up on this Mac and I have full administrator rights. Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards

Pontypine.
Pontypine

Re: Unable to backup My Money database...

Postby mthadm » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Backups folders are set through Preferences/General/Miscellaneous options.

In your case, does this folder exist? Do you have rights and permissions to save into it?

The easiest way to check is to open any Text editor, type few words and choose Save as, if your permissions are set properly then you should be able to save the file with no further issues.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Unable to backup My Money database...

Postby Pontypine » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 am

mthadm wrote:Backups folders are set through Preferences/General/Miscellaneous options.

In your case, does this folder exist? Do you have rights and permissions to save into it?

The easiest way to check is to open any Text editor, type few words and choose Save as, if your permissions are set properly then you should be able to save the file with no further issues.

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I followed your instructions and the problem was caused by the Register and Checks screen in Preferences being expanded, which prevented me from seeing the options for backups further below. I've created a backup folder and it's working beautifully. Thank you.

I can see from your other posts that you're pretty good at answering queries, so in the light of that I have now bought a license, even though I have 37 days left of my trial!

Kind regards

Pontypine
Pontypine

Return to General Discussions and Announcements