United Kingdom Localisation

General Discussions and Announcements

United Kingdom Localisation

Postby PaulB » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am

Is anyone working or planning to work on a UK version of My Money? To qualify, things like Checkbook is what we refer to as Current Account.Then we have store cards (credit cards run by retailers), Mortgages (not sure what they are refferred to in the US). For investments we have ISA (Individual Savings Account), shares, funds, etc. Plus a background based around pound and pence.

I am sure it is not a huge job as I guess most things are just string replacements. But it would certainly give My Money a better perception by us users in the UK. Additionally both Quicken and Microsoft haven't released updates for the UK market in years so their are a lot of us crying out for a money product.

Paul
PaulB

Re: United Kingdom Localisation

Postby mthadm » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 am

We could consider it I suppose, no-one has ever asked for it and we do have quite a few users in UK, including some UK Parliamentary offices
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Postby PaulB » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:56 am

It would be really good if it were possible. A lot of UK reviews for Personnel Finance software suggest Moneydance or Accountz, having tried the former I much prefer My Money. However, I've never heard of My Money until a disgruntled MoneyDance user posted a forum post about it and I found the site. The reviews always state whether the software is UK or US based.

One of our big PC magazines even started a petition with Microsoft to release an update version of MS Money for the UK market:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/191940/pc-p ... -pace.html

Paul
PaulB

Postby Pontypine » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:01 pm

mthadm wrote:We could consider it I suppose, no-one has ever asked for it and we do have quite a few users in UK, including some UK Parliamentary offices

I for one would love a UK-orientated version of My Money. It's a great programme but seeing cheque spelt as "check" is a constant irritation. And if I'm being picky, why does the OK dialogue box have a lowercase "k"? OK looks far better than "Ok".

It's still a great programme though. Thank you.
Pontypine

Postby PaulB » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:12 am

Nice to see a new theme for 2.41 including British Pounds (not sure where you found the pic of the £1 note it hasn't been in circulation for about 20 years) Cheers all
PaulB

Return to General Discussions and Announcements