Replace db Location

General Discussions and Announcements

Replace db Location

Postby Jaywalker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

I've just restored MyMoney 2.066 after a hard drive crash, and it and the license are working fine. My problem is the location of the main MyMoney db. I located the backup, unzipped to a folder on the desktop, the pointed the application to that to restore, and, again, it worked fine. Now, however, that location is the default for the main db.

Where should the db be located on a Mac OS X 10.7, and what files should be there? Viewing through "MyMoney - Open" shows the MM icon; viewing through Mac Finder does not.

Thanks.
Jaywalker

Re: Replace db Location

Postby mthadm » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

You could locate your files anywhere, for example you can create a Financial Documents (or similar) in your home directory, further create a folder called MyMoney Data in there and copy your database inside. In terms of whats needs to be copied - MyMoney keeps its data organized in a folder called moneyDB, if you type it in the finder it should find it. You may find few if you had more than one Money file. Simply copy moneyDB into "MyMoney Data" and point to it through File-Open-Open File

Another way of accomplishing above is to backup your data first, this will produce a backup zip file in your specified backup location. You can unzip it inside "MyMoney Data", this will copy entire structure automatically.
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Re: Replace db Location

Postby Jaywalker » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks. It's working now.
Jaywalker

Return to General Discussions and Announcements