Evaluation for Quicken Replacement

General Discussions and Announcements

Evaluation for Quicken Replacement

Postby temcderm » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:52 am

Hi - I downloaded trial versions of MyMoney and MoneyDance because my Quicken 2006 is going to be sunsetted. One of the big concerns was importing about 8 years of data from a QIF, and I had a lot of trouble getting the "Accept" button enabled. Finally I created the matching accounts manually and the "Accept" button was enabled, but it seemed to only enable if I had one of my accounts selected from the list before importing. When I clicked "Accept" I got a message that the import was finished, but no transactions appeared anywhere. I have two suggestions; first document the Quicken import process in some detail. I didn't see your forum posts on the subject until I already completed my test. Second, you could have the accounts automatically created as MoneyDance does.

My import into MoneyDance was much smoother. I only had a few dozen duplicate transactions to remove, and they were easily identified by sorting on reconcile status. The GUI seems comparable to MyMoney, but MoneyDance loads much faster and has a local copy of the manual. Unless I run into trouble over the next few days, I'll stick with MoneyDance. But maybe this information will be helpful to you. I would like to see competitors to Quicken evolve.

- Tom
temcderm

Re: Evaluation for Quicken Replacement

Postby mthadm » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for the input.

We will add an option to create missing accounts automatically
---
MTH Software

Reminder: MTH Software employees will never ask for the username and password for any of your banking or credit card accounts.
Please do not provide this information when using our contact form.

My Money download page: http://www.mthbuilt.com/download.html
My Money manual: http://wiki.mthbuilt.com/My_Money_2.0_Manual
mthadm
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions and Announcements